As a Senior System Administrator, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and extending the corporate backend infrastructure. Configuring and installing enterprise applications is second nature to you. More importantly, you can take the most complex problems and automate them to save us time and include monitoring to ensure performance and high availability.
You will use your extensive technical and organizational skills to evaluate our infrastructure and fill in the necessary gaps. Above all, you will be responsible for uptime and performance of our corporate infrastructure. You will work closely with other team members in Operations on projects that will safeguard the corporate environment.
There will be plenty of opportunity to learn and grow as you will drive and own all aspects of the projects. Additionally, junior members of the IT team will ask you for your technical expertise and you will be happy to mentor them. However, you also have the experience and customer service skills to help our users if they ask for support.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Scope, design, implement and troubleshoot core networking infrastructure
- Maintain current document and change management programs related to systems, infrastructure, and applications
- Provide guidance to junior administrators
- Own your 24/7 support shifts and provide solutions to minimize the need for them.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject with 3+ years of experience, or 8+ years of related job experience without a degree
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments.
- Proven working experience in maintaining Windows Servers and Workstations in an Active Directory Domain where domain membership includes Linux Systems
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, NGINX, Java, MySQL)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge with Cisco, Dell, and SonicWall networking and security appliances and technologies
- Experience with automation and configuration management technologies
- Recommended Certifications:
- Network+ or CCNA