Client is seeking a senior DevOps engineer experienced in the Azure stack and skilled in VSTS or similar toolset. The ideal individual will have most of the following qualifications:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or 7 relevant years of experience working with Microsoft products
- Knowledgeable and skilled in VSTS
- 5+ years previous system administration experience on multiple operating systems (VMware, Linux, Windows)
- 5 years or more of engineering and/or applied architecture experience in Azure Cloud platform
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing, implementing and maintaining required server components and automation scripts to host continuous integration/continuous (CI/CD) delivery processes suitable for large-scale, cloud-hosted applications
- 2+ years previous systems administration experience with Microsoft Azure
- 2+ years' experience troubleshooting issues across the entire Cloud stack
- Experience working in public cloud infrastructure
- Experience building prototypes, pilots, or full products in cloud environments
- Experience with architecture modeling practices
- Extensive experience working with automated configuration and infrastructure deployment management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible etc.
- Hands-on experience implementing centralized log aggregation and search frameworks such as Splunk, ELK, SumoLogic, etc.
- Solid knowledge of shell scripting and scripting languages
- Experience with designing and executing small to medium scale systems automation projects, and using automation and orchestration tools
- In depth knowledge of SAN, Active Directory, Citrix, DNS, Exchange Server, storage and backup technologies
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Experience working in a dynamic, high-pressure production environment with systems and storage infrastructure across multiple sites/networks
- Exchange online & hybrid design and implementation required
- Experienced in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes
- Experience implementing and working within a DevOps model
- Able to follow the ITIL framework for incident, problem and change management
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with troubleshooting techniques and detail-oriented problem diagnosis.
- Must be willing to occasionally to work weekends and often after hours. On-call status is 24x7x365. 2-3 weeks of travel per year
- Experience configuring server hardware, racks and Ethernet cabling
- Ability to lift 50lbs.