- Qualified candidates must be Innovative, can understand the current Market direction and drive features to gain a competitive market share while ensuring to satisfy client needs.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master on coordination of team efforts.
- Work closely with Business Analyst and UI/UX personnel to define new feature requirements.
- Maintain Product backlog and Application Roadmap
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations
- Continuously engaged with Sales and Client Services on the direction of the product as well as maintaining the integrity of its current functionality
- Fully understand the capabilities of the application and how each available role would be relying on various functionalities
- Identify and expose limitations of the application to business as well as IT.
- Drive the application/product by communicating directly with the development team, while visually demonstrating prioritization decisions in the backlog.
- The Product Owner prioritizes work based on Business Value. Scrum is unique its reliance on empirical data to inform development decisions. Thus, the Product Owner prioritizes a team's work based on the Business Value it will generate to ensure maximum return on investment (ROI).
- Collaborates work with the team. At the beginning of each sprint, the team and the Product Owner meet to determine what work will be tackled for the sprint. However, this work is negotiated, rather than merely assigned. It is the team's responsibility to update the Product Owner about any impediments obstructing progress to help ensure that prioritization is fully informed. Likewise, the Product Owner must respect the team's established velocity—a metric used to track how much work a team can accomplish in a single sprint.
- Remain available to the team to answer questions and deliver direction. Because the Product Owner best understands the vision of the project, he or she will want to remain highly accessible to the development team to clarify acceptance criteria, articulate customer desires, and so on.
- Maintain a single Product Backlog
- Maintain in constant communication with the business of sprint progress and any impediments that may require clients input.
- Drive Product Development and Vision
- Technical background (CIS degree or equivalent experience)
- 3 – 5 years as an Agile Product Owner in IT
- Backlog Grooming and Prioritization
- Strong Communication Skills
- Agile Software Development